This product features 3 Vocabulary Building Pages to accompany Arthur Conan Doyle's "The Adventure of The Speckled Band".
This product focuses on students using context clues and inferencing skills to determine meanings of vocabulary within a text.
Each page has 5 quotes from the text with an underlined/bolded vocabulary word.
In column one, students have to infer what they think they word means simply based on the context clues surrounding it.
In column two, students look up the word and write the definition.
Finally, students pick one of the words and create their own sentence at the bottom, showing mastery over the vocabulary.
Examples of the vocabulary words include:
Acquirement, Rapidly, Agitation, Trivial, Seldom, Vain, Confided, Meddle, Feeble, Dawdling, Obliged, Perplexity, Protruding, Dispel, Roused, etc.
**** Other Novel Studies that You Might Love ****
• Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen- Complete Novel Study
• ”Flipped” Novel Discussion Cards with QR Codes
• Mr. Popper’s Penguins by Richard and Florence Atwater-Complete Novel Study
• Fantastic Mr. Fox- Complete Novel Study
• Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine- Complete Novel Study
• Sarah, Plain and Tall by Patricia MacLachlan- Complete Novel Study
• Eggs by Jerry Spinelli- 100 page Novel Study
• "Monsters are due on Maple Street" Novel Study
• Shiloh-8 Vocabulary Building Pages
• The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe- 8 Vocabulary Building Pages
• Flush by Carl Hiaasen- Vocabulary and Summary Practice
Thank you for downloading!
****Don't forget to leave feedback and a rating on purchased items to receive TpT credits towards future purchases. That's like FREE MONEY!!!