Tired of reading literary analysis essays, but still want your students to write about the Huck Finn when they're finished? This final assessment activity is engaging and interesting for students and you!
Students will complete a series of authentic tasks resulting in a Letter to the Editor arguing and supporting their stance on whether or not The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn should be taught in your school district.
• an explanation of the activities and assessment for you, including recommended supplemental activities to weave into your teaching of the novel (which will help prepare students for this final assessment) and names of recommended articles and online resources
• a list of Common Core Standards covered in the activities / assessment
• a detailed assignment sheet
• a "tips sheet" for students
• a peer feedback sheet
• two modes of evaluation for your assessment of the final product (depending on your preference): a task list & a rubric
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about this store.