The many editions of BOOKMARKS PLUS provide students with essential knowledge of the book: title, author info, publication date, genre, story premise, descriptions of main characters, and setting. Each edition also contains a "Words to Know" section, which students can refer to as they come across difficult words. Some even feature a list of words, along with their definitions, that are specific to the vernacular or time period.
BOOKMARKS PLUS come 5 to a page, front to back, so you can print as many as you like for as long as you like with only a minimal initial investment! Please note: For some reason, the thumbnail displays them as four on a portrait layout; they're actually 5 on a landscape layout. Also, the bookmarks come in both a color and black-and-white version.
NOTE: The 25 "Words to Know" vocabulary words on the bookmarks are the same words covered in my THE ADVENTURES OF HUCKLEBERRY FINN synonym/antonym crossword. See list below.
Also, the same 25 words are part of my THE ADVENTURES OF HUCKLEBERRY FINN Prereading Crossword Puzzle, which familiarizes students with 50 challenging words before they read. See list below.
DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW FILE AND RECEIVE A FREE EDITION OF BOOKMARKS PLUS!
HIGH SCHOOL EDITIONS OF BOOKMARKS PLUS:
* A Christmas Carol
* The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
* All Quiet on the Western Front
* Animal Farm—FREE!
* The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin
* Brave New World
* The Book Thief
* The Brothers Karamazov
* The Call of the Wild
* The Canterbury Tales
* The Catcher in the Rye
* The Color of Water
* The Crucible
* Cry, the Beloved Country
* Cyrano de Bergerac
* Don Quixote
* Ethan Frome
* Fahrenheit 451
* The Grapes of Wrath
* Great Expectations
* The Great Gatsby
* Gulliver’s Travels
* The Heart of Darkness
* Invisible Man
* Jane Eyre
* Julius Caesar
* The Jungle
* King Lear
* Les Miserables
* Lord of the Flies
* The Metamorphosis
* A Midsummer Night’s Dream
* My Antonia
* Oedipus Rex
* Of Mice and Men
* Pride and Prejudice
* The Red Badge of Courage
* The Scarlet Letter
* The Secret Life of Bees
* A Separate Peace
* Silas Marner
* A Tale of Two Cities
* The Time Machine
* To Kill a Mockingbird
* Twelfth Night
* The War of the Worlds
* Wuthering Heights
Don't see a bookmark for your favorite title? Contact me through TPT, and I’ll create one for you!
Like my products? Take a look at my LOOKING GOOD ON PAPER line—great writing lessons, some barely touched on in textbooks, based on my years of teaching “in the trenches”!
Don’t miss my other unique products over THE ADVENTURES OF HUCKLEBERRY FINN shown below. Many are perfect activities for after tests, between lessons, or at the end of the day! View all 14 in my store!
• Bookmarks Plus: THE ADVENTURES OF HUCKLEBERRY FINN edition—Handy Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more!
• THE ADVENTURES OF HUCKLEBERRY FINN: Trivia Game—Fun for the Whole Class! My ThemeQuotes games are the only games that link famous, value-promoting quotations to the themes of the books you teach! 300 questions! Students work in teams to play this cross between Wheel of Fortune™ and Trivia Pursuit™ game!
• THE ADVENTURES OF HUCKLEBERRY FINN: 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus and the Huck Finn Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
• THE ADVENTURES OF HUCKLEBERRY FINN: Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus and the 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words! Helps prepare students for reading the book!
• THE ADVENTURES OF HUCKLEBERRY FINN: 10 Quotefall Word Puzzles—Unique! Each quotefall is a quotation from the book. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the grid to squares in the columns directly below. Students love these puzzles—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• THE ADVENTURES OF HUCKLEBERRY FINN: Complete the Simile Crossword Students use their knowledge of the book, their knowledge of language, and their imaginations to complete similes from the story! A great way to teach figurative language!
• THE ADVENTURES OF HUCKLEBERRY FINN: Anagram Crossword Students decipher common terms from the novel. The puzzle can be challenging, but, as with all crosswords, each time students enter a correct answer, they are provided with clues for the next.
• THE ADVENTURES OF HUCKLEBERRY FINN: 4 Reading-for-Detail Crosswords—Based on the Novel! Great objective test reviews!
• THE ADVENTURES OF HUCKLEBERRY FINN: “Creturs” Crossword—Fun crossword based on the animals mentioned in the book!
• THE ADVENTURES OF HUCKLEBERRY FINN: 10 Word Searches—Based on the Book! 10 categories: What Characters!; Jim; The Great Escape; Those Rapscallions!; The Peter Wilkes Ordeal; Animals Galore; The “Murder” of Huck Finn; Tom’s Gang of Robbers; Life on a Raft; Sarah Mary Who???
• THE ADVENTURES OF HUCKLEBERRY FINN: In the Words of Huck—Focuses on Dialect! Includes 43 words that Huck adds his own spin to!
• THE ADVENTURES OF HUCKLEBERRY FINN: Old New Words—REALLY UNIQUE! Focuses on 41 outdated words from the story. Challenging but fun!
• THE ADVENTURES OF HUCKLEBERRY FINN: 10 Cryptograms—Encoded Quotations from the Novel! Students decode 10 thought-provoking quotations from the story! Each cryptogram puzzle has its own code. Who doesn’t love a code?
• THE ADVENTURES OF HUCKLEBERRY FINN: 16 Theme-Related Quotations + Teaching Ideas Well-researched quotations by some of history’s greatest thinkers that relate to the theme of the book!
• THE ADVENTURES OF HUCKLEBERRY FINN: 10 Cryptocategory Word Puzzles—Unique! Students decode 10 lists of words from the book! Categories: The Mississippi River; Jim’s Escape; Pap; Bricksville; Huckleberry; The King and the Duke; Huck Vernacular; Mark Twain; Tom Sawyer; The Grangerfords and the Shepherdsons
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!