NOTE: This puzzle is meant to be used after students have read the book.
Students solve this crossword by providing synonyms and antonyms for 25 vocabulary words from THE ADVENTURES OF TOM SAWYER.
Examples of clues:
* Frivolous (ant.) ANSWER: serious
* Sentry (syn.) ANSWER: guard
* Famished: very ___ (ant.) ANSWER: full
* Perplexed (syn.) ANSWER: puzzled
More challenging—and fun!—than a typical vocabulary crossword!
The 25 words in this puzzle are also listed and defined on THE ADVENTURES OF TOM SAWYER edition of Bookmarks Plus. See list below.
Also, these 25 words are contained in my THE ADVENTURES OF TOM SAWYER 50-word Prereading Crossword. See list below.
USE ALL THREE TO REINFORCE MEANING!
Here are my unique products over THE ADVENTURES OF TOM SAWYER!
• Bookmarks Plus: THE ADVENTURES OF TOM SAWYER: A Handy Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
• THE ADVENTURES OF TOM SAWYER: Prereading Vocab. Crossword—50 words! Helps prepare students for reading the book! Use with the The Adventures of Tom Sawyer edition of Bookmarks Plus and the The Adventures of Tom Sawyer Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
• THE ADVENTURES OF TOM SAWYER: Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword! Use with Bookmarks Plus and the 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words! A unique crossword!
Word-Wise Educational Products
—more than 800 unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!