Informative Research and Writing: Battle of the Alamo
Students research and write an informative composition on the Battle of the Alamo, one of the most famous battles in Texas history! An informative reading passage, note taking outline, and blank writing page is included in this purchase. Multiple Common Core Standards and Texas TEKS Writing objectives are supported.
This is a single product which is part of a larger one which can be found in my Teachers Pay Teachers store. Please see this link if interested.
Leaders of the Alamo (6 Research Activities)
* 1 Reading Passage
* 2 Outlines / Graphic Organizer for Note-taking
~ 1 outline provides topics
~ 1 outline is blank / students provide topics and subtopics
* 1 Composition Pages
* 1 Product List (for teacher flexibility)
Suggested Implementation (independently or small group)
* Take notes using outline provided.
* Use outline to write an informative composition.
* Share with class or in small groups.
* Use for TX Independence Day, TX History Museum, writing contest, Differentiation,
* Introduction to Research
* Students in grades 4-8
* Identified gifted students in grades 3-5
* Any verbally advanced student
* Students needing extra support in note taking and informative writing
Similar products can be found in my Teachers Pay Teachers Store.
Research and Informative Writing: Susanna Dickinson
Research and Informative Writing: Stephen F. Austin
Presidents' Day: Fact and Opinion
Reptiles and Amphibians: Math Task Cards