The Albertosaurus Mystery Language Arts BUNDLE
Please see the Preview
This nonfiction account follows Peter Currie as he follows clues to find a lost fossil site and make a discovery about how dinosaurs lived. It’s available on used book sites and can be found in Journeys Grade 3, Unit 4, Lesson 17.
Writing about The Albertosaurus Mystery
1. Essay questions (2) suggested by Harcourt, with and without sentence level supports.
2. Nonfiction Text Features – to use with any Dinosaur informational text.
3. Dinosaur Fact finding pages (great with Pebble Go subscription website)
4. Idiom persuasive writing- “Go the way of the dinosaur”
5. Timeline of events – recount the story in time-sequence
6. Narrative fiction – Dinosaur Egg cause and effect
Vocabulary Foldables Included
1. All 10 words on one page
2. 5 words on a page (2 pages)
3. Vocabulary questions for optional 2-sided foldable
4. Blank version
1. Matching quiz
2. Matching quiz with prompt for Glossary page
3. Answer key with glossary pages
Journey’s Vocabulary included for foldables and word wall:
1. Matching vocabulary quiz – with a glossary page prompt
2. Same Matching quiz without a page prompt
3. Short Answer – These pages expand on the multiple choice comprehension test provided by Journeys. The addition of text evidence and open questions increases rigor.
4. Short Answer - The same questions with sentence stem prompts. These are great for students who need more differentiation. This permits them to participate in the same activity with supports.
Dinosaur Quotes – Inspirational Quote Writing Prompts and Graphic Organizers
From plastic toys to blockbuster movies, dinosaurs continue to inspire the imaginations of children of all ages. These quotes connect character education and writing to a dinosaur theme.
• My theory in anything you do is to keep exploring, keep digging deeper to find new stuff.
• The dinosaur's eloquent lesson is that if some bigness is good, an overabundance of bigness is not necessarily better.
Each prompt includes:
• Formal poster
• Print friendly version (perfect for reduced sized in Interactive Note Books)
• Full color poster
• Prewrite graphic organizer
• Quote with writing space
• Quote with illustration space
• Extended writing prompts (how to turn a quote response into an essay response)
• Extra publishing paper
The Albertosaurus Mystery Roll Read and Graph set comes with the following:
• 2 premade versions of the dice (vocabulary or definitions)
• Blank die for your own variations
• 3 full-page size graphs (vocabulary, definition or blank) Hint: Print two to a page to save paper.
• Class suggestions and differentiation for special needs
• Over 20 higher order thinking questions with Common Core Math Procedural standards
• Directions and sample graph
• Answer key (for student or teacher reference)
Extras in the BUNDLE:
• Daily 5 cards for centers (Word Work; Listening; Writing & Buddy Read)
• Making Words Activity (great support for low readers)
• Multiple choice test with space for page proof
Many thanks to these creative talents:
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Mad-Clips-Factory http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Teaching-Super-Power https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Kate-Hadfield-Designs
Please visit my store for these supporting documents –
The Albertosaurus Mystery BUNDLE
• The Albertosaurus Mystery Vocabulary Foldables, Matching Quizzes, and Word Wall
• The Albertosaurus Mystery Quizzes
• The Albertosaurus Mystery Roll Read Graph Word Work
• The Albertosaurus Mystery Writing
Thank you for your interest in Creative Core Integrations
by Kim Shelley!
*Follow me* - for 50% off new products for the first 48 hours.