The American Revolution and The Birth of America Lesson Plan Bundle and Interactive Notebook Activities Mega Unit
with Test Prep and our Primary Source Document Depot!
This Product is Designed to:
• engage students using social studies based primary sources and informational text
• help students understand how to analyze primary source documents through the use of graphic organizers
• utilize digital resources for interactive learning and discovery through technology integration
• highlight key historical issues and themes
• use multiple resources for comparison purposes
• promote discussion
• motivate student learning and promote higher order thinking
Click on the green preview button above to see what's inside or CLICK HERE for a flipbook preview!
Unit Lessons Overview:
• Lesson Plan #1: Setting Up Your SS Notebook: Students will set up their SS notebooks for successful note-taking during a unit on the American Revolution
• Lesson Plan #2: Taxation Without Representation
• Lesson Plan #3: Patriots and Loyalists
• Lesson Plan #4: The Boston Massacre
• Lesson Plan #5: The Boston Tea Party
• Lesson Plan #6: The Intolerable Acts
• Lesson Plan #7: The Shot Heard Round the World
• Lesson Plan #8: Learning Menu Distribution
• Lesson Plan #9: The Second Continental Congress
• Lesson Plan #10: Declaration of Independence
• Lesson Plan #11: Washington Crossing The Delaware
• Lesson Plan #12: The Turning Point
• Lesson Plan #13: Treaty of Paris
• Lesson Plan #14: The Articles of Confederation
• Lesson Plan #15: A More Perfect Union
• Lesson Plan #16: American Revolution 3 TO 1
• Lesson Plan #17: Edit/Revise/Publish Notebooks/Learning Menus
• Lesson Plan #18: Present Birth of America Notebooks/Learning Menus
*** INCLUDED IN THIS BUNDLE ***
• Social Studies Learning Menu (Birth of America)
• Social Studies Learning Menu Rubric
• A Difficult Decision: Revolutionary War Informational Text Test Prep Passage - perfect for traditional test prep practice or as for use as a Close Read exercise!
This in-depth thematic bundle also includes:
• Common Core State Standards
• ISTE Standards
• Next Generation Science Standards
• Math Standards
• Higher Level Thinking Prompts
• Differentiated Instruction Suggestions
• Thematic Unit Component / Integration (ELA, Math, Science, Technology, Visual Art, Physical Education, Music)
• Extension / Homework
• Assessment - 10 Question Multiple Choice End-of-Unit Assessment
• Depth of Knowledge Skills
Common Core Aligned, Thematic-Based, 99 pages.
This bundle also includes our Alexander Hamilton: A Founding Father Becomes A Broadway Sensation ELA Informational Text Test Prep Passage (Grades 4-5 and 6+) - Differentiated Reading Levels
Informational Text Test Prep Annotation Assistant with Graphic Organizers - Included!
★ ☆ ★ This differentiated test prep bundle within the bundle requires absolutely NO PREPARATION
and includes our Annotation Assistant with teacher notes, graphic organizers, and student bookmark assistant to help students annotate and take notes. Bundle also includes our student test-prep checklist for student reference! ★ ☆ ★
Perfect for Close Reading strategies, individual test prep practice, small group work, tutoring, vacation packet practice, enrichment / intellectual challenges, and more!
Test Prep, Common Core aligned, 40 pages.
Common Core State Standards Addressed: Social Studies: 4.8.a, 4.8.b, 4.8.c, 4.8.d, 4.8.e, 4.8.f, 4.8.g, 4.8.h, 4.9.a, 4.9.b, 4.9.c, 4.9.d, Math: 4.NF.2, 4.MD.2
ISTE Standards Addressed: Creativity & Innovation: 1.a., 1.b. Communication & Collaboration: 2.a., 2.b., 2.d. Research & Information Fluency: 3.a., 3.b., 3.c., 3.d. Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, & Decision Making: 4.b., 4.d. Digital Citizenship: 5.a., 5.b., 5.c., 5.d. Technology Operations & Concepts: 6.a., 6.b., 6.c., 6.d.
The American Revolution & The Birth of America Interactive Notebook and Lapbook
allows students to think on a higher level by virtue of collaborative and imaginative work. Students will create their lapbooks and/or use the templates for an interactive notebook for one of the most exciting units that social studies has to offer!
This bundle has been updated and enhanced and is jam-packed with activities that will spark higher order thinking on many differentiated levels!
Lapbooks are a type of portfolio or collection of student work on a variety of topics using flaps and/or folded displays. Most lapbooks are created out of office file folders which are then folded in half. Lapbooks allow students to showcase their work by providing them an interactive space for sketches and drawings, story summaries, graphical information, timelines, charts, and other forms of written work. Best of all, they can range from any topic or unit study. They truly let students creatively display their work in a way that interests them the most, which allows for a multitude of differentiation for each individual student.
This 87-page packet includes:
• How to Create Your Lapbook
• Pre-selected no-prep, web-links embedded throughout!
• Uncommon Learning:Customized Activities Options
• How to use the Vocabulary Cards Effectively Through Differentiation & and Diverse Learners
• American Revolution Vocabulary Pocket & with 33 pre-made, no-prep Vocabulary Cards
• Classwork/Homework Vocabulary Word Word
• Interactive Notebook Vocabulary Fold Tabs
• Vocabulary Word Search
• The 8 Strands of Social Studies Wheel: The American Revolution
• Interactive Informational Diamond
• Interactive Accordion Timeline
• Create a Revolutionary Flag with Symbolism
• Create a British Flag with Symbolism
• Create a Revolutionary Art piece
• The American Revolution 5-Point Pentagon: Spies and Traitors
• What would George Washington say if he could see the United States of America today?...and...What would King George say if he could see the United States of America today? Activity
• An 'All About...' Trapezoid Foldable: Join, or Die / Benjamin Franklin
• Compare and Contrast Venn: The French and Indian War with The American Revolution
• A Compare and Contrast Brackets: Patriots vs. Loyalists
• Cause & Effect Flaps: What are some of the causes and effects of The American Revolution?
• Cause & Effect Flaps: What is the cause and effect of The Boston Tea Party?
• Cause & Effect Flaps: What is the cause and effect of The Stamp Act?
• Map Skills: Identify the Original 13 Colonies
• What is the cause and effect of The Boston Massacre?
• Boston Tea Party Flip-Book Style Flap
• A 'We the People' Higher Level Thinking Response Scroll
• Key Colonist and Key British / Loyalists Fact Pocket with 32 pre-made, no-prep Important Figure Cards
• Enrichment: Famous Figure Spotlight:Trifolds: Patrick Henry, George Washington, and Thomas Jefferson
• The Boston Massacre Trifold
• What If? Time Travel Activity
• The American Revolution Chain Link Facts: Link interesting facts that The American colonies of New York, Massachusetts, Virginia, and Pennsylvania have in common.
• The Shot Heard 'Round the World Trifold
• The Four Sides of a Battle foldable
• The Articles of Confederation: Swiss Cheese Research Activity
• Create Your Own Revolutionary Political Cartoon
• Create Your Own Travel Brochure
• The American Revolution Time Travel Activity: What souvenirs would you take back?
• Compare and Contrast The American Revolution:Then and Now
• 3-2-1 Student Self Assessment Reflection Activity
Now includes a Colonial America: A Difficult Decision Informational Text Test Prep Reading Passage!
...and much, much more!
Common Core Aligned, 93 pages.
Take advantage of GIGANTIC $AVING$ With our The Iroquois, American Revolution, and French & Indian War MEGA Bundle Toolbox
and $ave over $30.00!
Take advantage of our other no-prep bundles:
★ Ancient River Valley Civilizations Lessons & Interactive Notebook MEGA Bundle
★ Brazil Lesson Plans and Interactive Notebook MEGA Bundle
★ The 3 Branches of Government Lesson Plans & Interactive Notebook MEGA Bundle
★ Immigration: Then and Now Lesson Plans & Interactive Notebook MEGA Bundle
★ The Spanish American War Lesson Plans and Interactive Notebook MEGA Bundle
★ NYC 5 Boroughs SUPER MEGA Lesson Plan and Interactive Notebook Bundle
★ Mexico Lesson Plans and Interactive Notebook Mega Bundle
★ Symbols of America Lesson Plan Bundle & Interactive Notebook MEGA Bundle
★ China Unit Lessons and Interactive Notebook Mega Bundle
★ The Old West Pioneers MEGA Lesson Plan Bundle w/ Interactive Notebook Activities
♥ Like this resource? Share with others by pinning our product on Pinterest so others will find it! Just click on the "Pin It" button on the left side of this page and share with others!
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER @ DynamicDuoTpT
for new products, TpT news, and special $ecret $ales!
Bookmark our DynamicDuo101TpT BLOG
for unique insight on how to use our products and more on what we do!
♥ Please leave feedback! You'll let others know how you used the product and in the process, you'll earn credit points to save on future products!
Receive TPT credit to use on future purchases!
• Go to your 'My Purchases' page. Beside each of your purchases, click the 'Provide Feedback' button. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you can use to lower the cost of your future purchases. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and valued!.
♥ Like what you see? Follow our store by clicking on the Green ★ at the top of this page!
© DynamicDuo101, 2015