"The American West (post Civil War)” contains files in both PDF format and Common Cartridge format (used in online learning management systems such as Schoology, Moodle, and NEO).
This Zip contains the following files:
1. A master file with links to all of the PDF files included with this download. With these links you can check for updates to the files and download them at no additional cost.
2. Original mini-textbook on the American West covering the building of the Transcontinental Railroad, the stereotyping of and discrimination against Native Americans the Plains Indian Wars, and Rancher & Cowboys (9 pages, including citations).
3. Caricatures of Native Americans activity: tests the ability of students to recognize the different caricatures of Native Americans in popular culture as described in the mini-textbook (13 images and questions).
4. The Buffalo Hunt In Primary Sources activity: contains 7 visual and written primary sources and 4 critical thinking questions (5 pages with citations).
5. Pioneer History Book: An Exercise in Bias activity: teaches the concept of historical bias using images of the cover and title page of a biased history book published in 1883 (3 pages).
The Zip also contains a Common Cartridge format file (.imscc) that can be imported in many online Learning Management Systems, including Schoology, Moodle, and NEO. This file will import the entire unit into your LMS, including links to the PDF files. Those links may be used to deliver content directly to your students.
[Note: See your system's guidelines for how to import. This file was created by exporting out of Schoology. When importing, Schoology creates an "unused resources" folder. This can be safely deleted].
All sources created by Michael Barnes and American History Bytes!