The following is a two-day (75 minute period) lesson on the Ancient Hebrews and the eventual development of Judaism. The worksheet focuses on the development and beliefs of the Ancient Hebrews, the story of the Exodus, and modern Jewish beliefs. A variety of student-centered and engaging activities are included such as:
• Do now setting up the lesson including questions designed to show reading comprehension, accessing of prior knowledge, and critical thinking.
• Brief primary and secondary readings with questions that follow.
• Spaces for notes to fill in as students work
• Questions for the film “The Ten Commandments (1956).” (film not included). This is not available on youtube. I purchased a copy (2 disc set and the times on the worksheet are for the second disc)I find that students enjoy the scenes they are shown so I always include it in the lesson.
• Readings from the Old Testament that is followed by an evaluating the generalizations activity.
• Chronological order activity followed by questions.
• Answer the aim
This worksheet contains an engaging set of activities that students really seem to enjoy!
This lesson can be easily modified to fit a longer or shorter class period since it was developed on a Word Document. Feel free to contact me with any questions you might have. Please follow me to receive notifications when new products are uploaded. Finally, please take a moment to rate this worksheet! Thanks!