This unit of study looks at the ancient civilisations of Greece, Egypt and Rome. The aim is to look at how Ancient Civilisations worked and compare three main civilisations. By studying them as a comparison study students will be able to see similarities and differences in civilisations.
The following are enclosed in the booklet.
1. When in History were Egypt, Greece and Rome? – This is a task where students complete a timeline of major dates of each civilisation.
2. Lost in the Mediterranean. This is a mapping task where students are provided with blank maps and major places they are to place on each map of Greece, Egypt, Rome and The Mediterranean.
3. Civilisations – Now the students can place these 3 civilisations in time and place the next activity is exploring the question – What is a civilisation?
4. How did the Ancient Mediterranean Civilisations begin?
5. Social and Political Structures of Ancient Societies
6. Heroes of the past
7. Daily Life in the Ancient Mediterranean
8. The Legacies of Ancient Civilisations
9. The study ends with a short essay
Please see the preview for complete details of each task.