Students will learn about the types of multi-cellular organisms that make up the kingdom of animals.
- identify invertebrates and recognize their common and their different body parts
- research an invertebrate to describe its appearance, it habitat, what it eats, and special changes it experiences
- identify three categories of mammals, describing their physical characteristics
- research a mammal to describe how it is born and nurtured, what it eats, how it moves, its habitat, special adaptations, and the predators it faces
- identify the physical characteristics of birds
- research a bird to describe changes in its appearance as it grows, its habitat, what it eats, and how it cares for its young
- recognize the physical characteristics of fish, reptiles, and amphibians
- research interesting facts about a chosen species of fish, reptile, or amphibian
- identify invertebrates and vertebrates that make up the kingdom of animals
Suggestions for differentiation are also included so that all students can be successful in the learning environment.