You can purchase my entire U.S. History course here: U.S. History Complete Course
A quick word about my teaching style so that you know what you are getting into. I have worked at several schools in the past where I did not have the ability to check out books to students because of short supply. Because of this, I created materials in which I wouldn't need my students to have a textbook to be prepared for any tests or quizzes that they received. The power points that I created are quite extensive and include guided notes and lots of video that go along with them. The students do not write down every word from the presentation and can focus on listening and learning the material from the lecture. Additional items that I have posted can be used for notebook check assignments which I usually have whenever I get to the end of a unit or homework assignments.
This bundle, which was created for a U.S. history or U.S. history honors class, includes the following:
- A 213 slide presentation that covers a wide rage of issues. I combined several chapters worth of information and just covered the major points for this presentation.. This particular power point covers the forty plus year deterioration in the relationship between the North and South leading up to the Civil War. I have also included an extensive amount of pictures and video clips related to the decade that I have edited together. These are great visual examples that go along with the material and you can pick and choose what you like.
- Six days of guided notes that go along with the presentation. Each day of notes has questions at the end which I use as a notebook check assignment at the end of the unit. The notes are broken up as follows:
Day 1 - The Era of Good Feelings and the Rise of Jackson
- Monroe Presidency, Erie Canal, and the "Corrupt Bargain" election of 1824
Day 2 - The Presidency of Andrew Jackson
- Jacksonian Democracy, the spoils system, bank war, nullification controversy, and Indian Removal
Day 3 - Cotton, Slavery, and Manifest Destiny
- Eli Whitney and the Cotton Gin, explosion of slavery, William Lloyd Garrison, and the idea of manifest destiny .
Day 4 - Texas, Mexican-American War, and Oregon Territory
- The Alamo, Presidency of James K. Polk, and the Oregon Trail
Day 5 - Events Accelerate
-Mormon Migration, Gold Rush, Compromise of 1850, Uncle Tom's Cabin, and Dred Scott Case
Day 6 - Secession!
- the caning of Charles Sumner, John Brown's raid, and the formation of the Confederate States of America
In addition to the notes you will also get these documents which can be used for assignments, notebook checks, or assessments
- An assignment that covers a speech given by President Andrew Jackson talking discussing the removal of Native American tribes.
- Reading questions for A Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass (first two chapters)
- Scott v. Sandford Supreme Court Case assignment.
- A quiz w/ key - for this the students will only need to study the notes to be prepared. The quiz is 5 multiple choice questions, 5 fill-in-the blank, 5 true/false, and 5 definitions
Thank you very much for considering this product! Cheers!
Please check out the other bundles that I have created for U.S. History classes.
Contact and Colonization Bundle
American Revolution Bundle
George Washington-James Madison Bundle
The Civil War Bundle
Reconstruction Bundle (FREE)
The West, Immigration, and Invention Bundle
U.S. Imperialism and Progressive Era Bundle
World War I Bundle
1930s Great Depression/New Deal Bundle
World War II Bundle
The Start of the Cold War and 1950s Bundle