This anti-bullying song teaches the values of Friendship, Acceptance and Kindness
Sets'ani is 2:33 long and part of the Songs From Schools series of lessons that make values meaningful, using music to reinforce character values that I'm sure you're already trying to teach your students that create a safe and supportive culture in the classroom.
Sets’ani is the South Slavey word that means, ‘Be a Friend.’ This is the name of the song I wrote with primary students in a small indigenous community in northern Canada for an anti-bullying project.
Click here to watch Sets'ani
These lessons use music to connect learning about values with practical ideas and solutions for situations in the classroom and on the playground. Through singing songs written by students just like them, your class will learn about social responsibility and initiatives like anti-bullying, the Buddy Bench, bucket filling and self-regulation taught through The Zones.
All Lyric Videos Come With Additional
Material To Enhance Each Lesson; Such As:
• Lyric music video [HD Download] *
Watch the video on Teachers Pay Teachers, or Download it to make it easy and convenient to use. (Download Link Included in Supporting Document)
• Lyric videos use big, bright clear fonts making it easy for
your students to sing along as the video plays
• Support material includes the story behind the song and the students and the school where it was written, providing a greater understanding and appreciation
• Many songs have actions that make it fun and interactive and provide a great opportunity for students to move and dance
• There are additional learning activities included for each song, to promote greater understanding and group discussions
• You will also find additional links to live video performances from English, French and First Nations schools as students from across Canada sing these songs
• You also get an MP3 version of the song to make it as easy and convenient as possible to take the music with you so you can listen in the gym, the playground or even the drive home!
You can download the video, MP3, lesson and Behind The Scenes, Stories & Songs of a Nation pdf to make it as easy and convenient as possible to use this material.