Do you want your students learn a little history about the Augusta Canal and practice following directions at the same time? If so, this activity is for you!
First, your students will read about the history of the Augusta Canal. Then, your students will complete the following activities:
1. In the paragraph, circle the date the canal was built.
2. In the paragraph, underline the purposes for building the canal.
3. In the paragraph, draw a box around the name of the war in which the canal was used.
4. Draw two boats on the Savannah River and one boat on the Augusta Canal.
5. Color the Savannah River dark blue.
6. Color the Augusta Canal light blue.
7. Color the large rectangle brown and label it “Confederate Powder Works”.
8. Draw an X over the Confederate Powder Works building because it was torn down.
9. Color the small rectangle brown and label it “Textile Mill”.
Your students will enjoy completing this activity!
The Handout Factory