Purpose: For students (and adults) to get to know one another and showcase completely random talents and skills of the participants
--Prepare category cards (print and cut)
-Emcee the game
Time: 20-45 minutes
Goal: Earn the most points for your team
1. Divide your class (or group) into teams of 4 to 5 people per team.
2. Have teams collaboratively decide on a team name
3. Record Team names on a T-Chart where points will be tallied (i.e. on a dry erase board, chalkboard, chart paper, etc.)
4. Pass out category cards to every team
-Each team needs to select one person who they think will win the category. This means every person in the team will need a category card---as that is the category they are competing in.
5. The Emcee (teacher) will call out a category. Example: “The fastest” Only say “The fastest” and not what it means….as it is still a surprise.
6. Participants who have selected “The fastest” category cards will stand up.
7. The Emcee reveals what the category card means. Example: Those of you who have “The Fastest” category card……you are competing to see who can sing the alphabet the fastest!
8. The person with the best action, measurement, time, etc. will win a point for their team.
9. Continue play until all category cards are used and everyone has a chance to complete.
10. The team with the most points wins!