A set of 9 vocabulary fun puzzles to use with chapters 1 - 12 of the novel by Roald Dahl.
* Chapters 1 – 4 Vocabulary Word Search (33 words for students to find. I also ask students to write a sentence for each word to show their understanding of it)
* Chapters 1 – 2 Sentence Completion (Students complete sentences using words from these chapters. A list is provided)
* Chapter 4 Word Matching (Match words with definitions)
* Chapters 5 - 8 Vocabulary Word Search (33 words to find)
* Chapters 7 - 8 Sentence Completion and Word Matching (A multiple choice sentence completion exercise)
* Chapters 9 -12 Vocabulary Word Search (42 words to find)
* Chapter 9 Definition Matching (Match definitions with words - a multiple choice exercise)
* Chapter 10 Sentence Completion (Fill in the blanks using words from the list)
* Chapters 11 - 12 Word Matching (Match words with definitions)
The different types of activities are hoped to appeal to different learning styles. Each is aimed at improving students' spelling and vocabulary. Although students will view these tasks as fun, they are actively learning while working on them.
There are nine pages for students to complete. Solutions for each of the puzzles are included.
Download the preview file. This is a selection from the solutions' pages.