10 fun puzzles (all based on vocabulary) to use with chapters 13 - 24 of the novel by Roald Dahl.
* Chapters 13 – 16 Vocabulary Word Search (44 words for students to find. I also ask students to write a sentence for each word to show their understanding of it)
* Chapter 13 Definition Matching (A multiple choice exercise)
* Chapter 14 Sentence Completion (Fill in the blanks using words from the list)
* Chapter 14 Word Matching (Match words with their definitions)
* Chapter 15 Sentence Completion (Fill in the blanks using words from the list)
* Chapters 17 - 20 Vocabulary Word Search (47 words to find)
* Chapter 17 Word Matching (Match words with their definitions)
* Chapter 20 Sentence Completion (Fill in the blanks using words from the list)
* Chapters 21 - 24 Vocabulary Word Search (35 words to find)
* Chapters 22 - 24 Sentence completion (Multiple choice activity)
The different types of activities are hoped to appeal to different learning styles. Each is aimed at improving students' spelling and vocabulary. Although students will view these tasks as fun, they are actively learning while working on them.
There are 11 pages for students to complete. Solutions for each of the puzzles are included.
The preview file will give you an idea of the different quiz formats used.
This product, and my other resources for The BFG, can be purchased at a reduced rate as part of a bundle. Check out The BFG - Bumper Puzzle Pack
for further details.