THE BUDGET AND CASH FLOW STATEMENT PACKAGE
The student will learn about the budgeting and forecasting cash flow through THE BUDGET AND CASH FLOW STATEMENT, which is a business financial statement that displays the net cash of a business over a specific time period. The student will also look at calculating projections in a business budget.
Lesson Duration: approximately 90 minutes.
In this financial literacy package the student will learn how to construct a simple Budgeted Cash Flow Statement in a spreadsheet software program.
The financial literacy package includes lecture notes on the Budgeted Cash Flow Statement with accompanying student notes to the lecture notes. As well this package includes an assignment that allows the student to construct a Budgeted Cash Flow Statement with all its relative labels, numbers and formulas in a spreadsheet program.
Note: ANSWER KEYS ARE INCLUDED.
The exercise is an easy-to-apply lesson for any teacher teaching financial literacy, business financial statements and business in general.
Included in this lesson package are the following items:
1. Teacher Lecture Notes on the Budget and Cash Flow Statement.
2. Student fill-in-blanks handout on the Lecture Notes.
3. Step-by-step easy to follow student instructions for the spreadsheet assignment in this package, created in WORD (can be edited by the teacher).
4. The Budgeted Cash Flow Statement EXCEL reference spreadsheet that the students can refer to when creating their Budgeted Cash Flow Statement Template.
5. The answer key to the Budgeted Cash Flow Statement Assignment in spreadsheet form.
6. YOU TUBE links to help the student complete the exercise in terms of formatting (from another financial literacy exercise).
7. YOU TUBE videos to help the teacher understand the exercise.