The Babe and I – Vocabulary Game and Matching Quizzes
The Babe and I
by David Adler
This historical fiction book is a delightful addition to units on the Great Depression, family relationships, baseball, business, money or economics. It is included in Harcourt’s Storytown.
The book is also available here at Barnes and Nobles.
This Game Includes:
• Eighteen picture matching game sets (picture, definition, word, sentence) for 72 cards in all
• Picture Quiz over six basic words (using the same first six words from the challenge quiz – so students with special needs can cooperate with peers)
• Definition quiz over ten words
• Challenge quiz over eight supplemental words (numbered 11-18, so it can be used on the back side of the ten word quiz)
• 3 Answer Keys
• All the pictures/sentences match the coordinating posters and games in this unit. They may be used alone, or as a set.
15. Great Depression
Common Core Standard –
Vocabulary Acquisition and Use
3.L.6 Acquire and use accurately grade-appropriate conversational, general academic, and domain specific words and phrases, including those that signal spatial and temporal relationships.
Please check my store for supporting documents-
The Babe and I - Vocabulary Posters and Word Wall
The Babe and I - Interactive Vocabulary and Grammar PPT
The Babe and I - Matching Game and Quizzes
The Babe and I - Roll Read and Graph Vocabulary Game
The Babe and I – Reading Strategies and Vocabulary Test
The Babe and I – Compilation 4 pack – Matching; Test; Roll Read and Graph; Word Wall & Posters
The Babe and I – Multiple Choice PPT test
Thank you for your interest in Creative Core Integrations by Kim Shelley!
Please feel free to send me questions and suggestions at email@example.com