The Bad Seed by Jory John Lesson Plan, Google Slides and Docs Activities
K - 3rd, Homeschool
- Google Apps™
Includes Google Apps™
The Teacher-Author indicated this resource includes assets from Google Workspace (e.g. docs, slides, etc.).
Also included in
- Save BIG with this guided reading or interactive read aloud lesson plan and activities bundle that focuses on 20 mentor text picture books: Chrysanthemum by Kevin HenkesLilly's Purple Plastic Purse by Kevin HenkesRuby the Copycat by Peggy RathmannOfficer Buckle and Gloria by Peggy RathmannGiraffes CPrice $40.00Original Price $59.75Save $19.75
A guided reading or interactive read aloud lesson plan for the character education mentor text book The Bad Seed by Jory John. A great story for teaching the power of our words, growth mindset, and the effect that our actions have on others. Google Slides presentation and student activities on Google Docs.
Lessons and activities focus on:
- Summarizing key details (4 strategies: narrative retell, timeline, graphic organizer, Somebody Wanted But Then So)
- analyzing character feelings
- cause and effect
- close reading for author's message / lesson
The lesson plans include:
- teacher script with strategic stopping points and questions for students to discuss
- printable prompts for student post-reading responses through discussion in writing or reading response logs
- 4-5 day plan
- Discussion questions
- Suggested discussion strategies
- Strategic stopping points for questioning and close reading
- Anchor chart examples
- Sentence stems / frames for oracy and vocabulary development
- Great for bilingual classrooms
- Printable worksheets for written responses
- Google Docs for student responses
- Google Slides for displaying lesson ideas, discussion questions and prompts
How to Use This Resource:
- whole group
- small group
- as a reading intervention
- special education (SPED)
- bilingual or Dual Language / DLI classrooms
- with ELLs for ESL instruction
- Distance Learning or Virtual Learning environments
- Great for K, 1st, 2nd, or 3rd grade
- on chromebooks or iPads for tech classrooms to go paperless
Your Kindergarten, first, second, or third grade students will love this story!
✰ ✭ ✰ ✭ ✰ ✭ ✰ ✭ ✰ ✭ ✰ ✭ ✰ ✭ ✰ ✭ ✰ ✭ ✰ ✭
You May Also Like:
Report this resource to TPT
Reported resources will be reviewed by our team. Report this resource to let us know if this resource violates TPT’s content guidelines.
to see state-specific standards (only available in the US).
With prompting and support, ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
With prompting and support, retell familiar stories, including key details.
With prompting and support, identify characters, settings, and major events in a story.
Ask and answer questions about unknown words in a text.
Recognize common types of texts (e.g., storybooks, poems).