This is a great short, coming-of-age story about a boy who is infatuated with a girl and a hobby. He has to make a choice.
This short story bundle includes:
1. The story with pictures
2. A search and find which acts like a close read for the story
3. Examination of Figurative Language within the story in a scaffolded way of learning
4. Discussion Questions that could be discussed or written down
5. A writing prompt about one of the themes of the story
6. Answer keys
7. A sample writing for the writing prompt
The bundle starts with a close read that can be done individually, with partners or whole group. It requires the students to follow along as they read.
It is always important to scaffold the figurative language and then identify it within the text. Their are many important figurative language pieces in this short story.
The discussion questions promote a healthy discussion about love and hobbies.
The vocabulary is scaffolded so that the students will use the word properly in a sentence of their own.
The sample writing can be used as a critique for the kids or a guide for the teacher.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License