This game was designed to be used in my first grade classroom during math center time. I use a daily 4 approach so my games are designed to be able to be played independently by the students with out much teacher direction. This game is aligned to the common core standards: 1.OA.6 & 1.OA.8
All my common core file folder games are also available in a cost effective bundle. Check out my store for details!
• Print out honey combs with math problems in color on card stock and laminate. Cut out honey combs.
• Print out bee hive sheets and direction labels on computer paper in color.
o These will get pasted into file folder. ( see picture)
• Laminate file folder for durability
• Optional: Use velcro so honey combs can attach to apple bee hive
• Two students play, youngest goes first.
• Place honey comb cards face down in a pile on table.
• Take turns taking a card.
• Write math problem and solve it on your honey jar worksheet. Do you have the answer on your honey comb? If so place it on the answer. If not put honey comb back face down on table.
• The first person to fill their honey comb is the winner.
• Optional: After game is complete students write the math problems on the honey jar sheet to hand in to the teacher for accountability.