Featuring leveled readings and 24 project choices, this unit is designed to meet individual students' needs.
The unit's overall objective is:
Trace the cultural development of humankind from the Paleolithic Era to the revolution of agriculture and creation of government.
This ties to:
NSS-WH.5-12.1 ERA 1: THE BEGINNINGS OF HUMAN SOCIETY
The student in grades 5-12 should understand
- the biological and cultural processes that gave rise to the earliest human communities
- the processes that led to the emergence of agricultural societies around the world
Please note that this unit does not cover the biological processes. However, that information could easily be tied in with the student projects that are featured in the unit.
Download the free preview to view the daily lesson plans for the unit.
This zip file contains the following:
1. Lesson plans (7 days)
2. Storybook to introduce the key concepts (in PowerPoint and Notebook format)
3. Graphic organizer to correspond with provided reading (3 levels)
4. 24 project choices centered around multiple intelligences and rubric
5. PowerPoint 20 question review game
6. Assessment and intervention assessment for students who do not initially show mastery
7. Graphic organizer and assessment answer keys
Copyright 2011, The Teacher Couple
All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).