Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Establish great teamwork and assess novel understanding by using this highly engaging activity!
Perfect for grades 6-12. Escape room style Novel Review activity - designed for the Berlin Boxing Club by Rob Sharenow!
This escape room will help students learn to work together as they solve clues and complete challenges as a team. This interactive escape room does not require technology- ensuring schools of all technological capabilities can access it. Other than printing and minimal cutting, this Escape Room is ready for you to use! No editing any of the material - just print, cut, post and use!
What You Get:
1. 5 Challenges (secret message decoding, puzzles, physical challenges, and quotes)
2. Decoders to allow students to solve the tasks
3. 20 multiple choice question QUIZ for Assessment Records
4. Answer keys for each task with teacher pages
5. Poster for challenge clues
6. Teacher set up directions
7. Common Core Standards Aligned to grades 6-12
8. Decoration Ideas and directions
About The Escape Room:
1. It should be played with small group teams of 4-5 students.
2. Designed to take 30-40 minutes to complete
3. Print and play ready for teachers
4. Content Aligned to the novel The Berlin Boxing Club
5. All learning styles are covered- with elements that simultaneously serve visual, auditory, and kinesthetic learners.
6. Critical thinking: In addition to reinforcing subject matter expertise, escape games also encourage critical thinking, teamwork and communication skills, all of which are key to surviving in today’s world.
7. Attention: Timed challenges grab and keep students’ attention much better than lectures and other classroom activities.
8. Teamwork: Some students may emerge as leaders, allowing you to seek out constructive ways to leverage their peer authority to improve classroom dynamics.
9. Bloom’s Taxonomy: Escape games move students past knowledge and comprehension into the application, analysis, synthesis, and evaluation levels of Bloom’s Taxonomy.
10. Game Theory: In-class games are a great way to explore the principles and theory behind game design, a popular and potentially lucrative career path.
11. Problem Solving: Linear and non-linear gameplay can serve as a practical, hands-on demonstration of the logic principles required to program computers, a skill young people can begin learning at any age.
12. Be on the cutting edge: Escape games are one of the latest, and most exciting, brain-based team experiences around.
Remember to leave Feedback for TPT Credit and follow for product updates! Share this product in action on Twitter #WestenWerks THANK YOU!