The Best Part of Me Opinion Writing Project Digital Google Slides includes Video
Also included in
- Engage students in digital writing with these fun weekly Google Slides writing projects. Students will practice common core writing with engaging prompts including narrative, informative, opinion and how to pieces throughout the year. ALL teaching videos are already included.. simply assign and go!Price $96.00Original Price $152.00Save $56.00
Engage students in opinion writing and encourage them to find the "Best Part of Me" with this digital book report prompt. This Google Slides writing project includes templates for students to record their book review starting with graphic organizers and moving into typing a full report.
Students will pick a part of them that they identify as the best, then will use their writing to persuade someone about why that is the best feature that they have.
ALL teaching videos are already included.. simply assign and go! Excellent for digital learning, distance learning, homeschool teachers, hybrid teaching, guest teachers, student teachers and the average busy teacher!
Students will practice basic skills on Google Slides while working on this presentation. ALL TEACHING VIDEOS are included, or can be replaced with videos that you make. Simply assign, and students will be ready to go.
This unit includes 5 lessons for one week of writing.
- Monday: Introduction and Prewrite - Students will learn how to add bullet points to their graphic organizer
- Tuesday: Draft - Students will write a basic topic sentence, 2 reason sentences and details to support their reasons including adjectives
- Wednesday: Draft - Students will finish their last 2 reasons, 2 details (including prepositions, commas, adjectives and conjunctions) and add a basic closing sentence
- Thursday: Revise/Edit - Students are walked through using a basic revising and editing checklist
- Friday: Students are taught to add photos and to use a rubric to check their work before turning it in
What you get with the download:
A PDF linking to:
- Teaching Slide
- Student Planning Template
- Student Publishing Template
This was designed for second graders, but can easily be implemented in first and third grade classrooms.
These lessons build on each other, so videos might go through previously covered topics rather quickly. If you would like the comprehensive resource, upgrade to the bundle.
Check out A YEAR OF DIGITAL WRITING LESSONS [a growing bundle]:
- Stellar Student Informative Writing
- Sun-Sational Summer Narrative Writing
- Stuffie Adventures Narrative Writing
- Rocking Road Trip Narrative Writing
- Flat Teacher Bitmoji Project Narrative Writing
- The Best Season Opinion Writing
- Cat vs. Dog Opinion Writing
- The BEST Candy Opinion Writing
- My Spooky Story Narrative Writing
- Pumpkins Informative Writing
- Bats Informative Writing
- My Family's Thanksgiving Personal Informative Writing
- How to Catch a Turkey Informative/How To Writing
- Turkey Escape Imaginative Narrative Writing
- Bonus: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Informative Writing Project
- Letter To Santa Opinion Writing
- My Night on the Polar Express Narrative Writing
- How to Catch an Elf Informative/How To Writing
- Love Monster Informative Writing
- The Sweetest Person Opinion Writing
- The Best Part of Me Opinion Writing
- Book Review Opinion Writing
- Animal Research Project (3 weeks of Informative Writing)
- Magazine Writing Project (4 week cumulative project - opinion, narrative, informative, how to, letter writing and more)
- Hey Little Ant Opinion Writing Project
- Insect Report Informative Writing
- A Buggy Life Narrative Writing
Looking for other digital resources?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Please open the preview file to see exactly what is included and ask all questions before purchasing.
Don't forget to follow me on TpT to get first access to my resources, which are always 20% off for the first 24 hours.
Enjoy! Don't forget to leave feedback on all paid purchases for future credit toward free resources.