The many editions of BOOKMARKS PLUS provide students with essential knowledge of the book: title, author info, publication date, genre, story premise, descriptions of main characters, and setting. Each edition also contains a "Words to Know" section, which students can refer to as they come across difficult words. Some even feature a list of words, along with their definitions, that are specific to the setting.
BOOKMARKS PLUS come 5 to a page, front to back, so you can print as many as you like for as long as you like with only a minimal initial investment! Also, I’ve included both a colored version and a black-and-white version.
NOTE: The 25 "Words to Know" vocabulary words on the bookmarks are the same words included in my THE BEST SCHOOL YEAR EVER synonym/antonym crossword. See list below.
Also, the same 25 words are part of my THE BEST SCHOOL YEAR EVER prereading crossword, which familiarizes students with 50 new words before they read the book! See list below.
USE ALL THREE PRODUCTS TO REINFORCE MEANING!
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW FILE AND RECEIVE A FREE EDITION OF BOOKMARKS PLUS!
Elementary editions of BOOKMARKS PLUS:
• The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
• Be a Perfect Person in Just Three Days
• Because of Winn-Dixie
• Beezus and Ramona
• The Best School Year Ever
• The BFG (Big, Friendly Giant)
• Blood on the River
• Bridge to Terabithia
• Bud, Not Buddy
• Call It Courage
• Catherine Called Birdy
• The Cay
• Charlotte’s Web
• The Clay Marble
• Cryptid Hunters
• A Day No Pigs Would Die
• Dead End in Norvelt
• Dear Mr. Henshaw
• The Devil’s Arithmetic
• Diary of a Wimpy Kid
• Dicey’s Song
• The Egypt Game
• Esperanza Rising
• Found, Book 1: The Missing
• Freak the Mighty
• From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler
• Glory Be
• Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
• The House of Dies Drear
• In the Year of the Boar and Jackie Robinson
• Island of the Blue Dolphins
• Jacob Have I Loved
• James and the Giant Peach
• Julie of the Wolves
• The Lemonade War
• The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
• Lupita Mañana
• The Magician’s Nephew
• Maniac Magee
• The Midwife’s Apprentice
• Missing May
• Moon Over Manifest
• The Mouse and the Motorcycle
• The Night Tourist
• Number the Stars
• Old Yeller
• The One and Only Ivan
• One Crazy Summer
• The Pinballs
• Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry
• Running Out of Time
• Sarah, Plain and Tall
• The Secret Garden
• Shakespeare’s Secret
• Shooting the Moon
• The Sign of the Beaver
• Sing Down the Moon
• A Single Shard
• Stone Fox
• Summer of the Monkeys
• The Tale of Despereaux
• Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing
• The Tiger Rising
• The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle
• Tuck Everlasting
• The Watsons Go to Birmingham—1963
• The Westing Game
• When You Reach Me
• When Zachary Beaver Came to Town
• Where the Red Fern Grows
• The Whipping Boy
• A Wrinkle in Time
Don't see a bookmark for your favorite title? Contact me through TPT, and I’ll create one for you!
Here are my fun and challenging products over THE BEST SCHOOL YEAR EVER—perfect activities for early test finishers, between lessons, extra credit, or at the end of the day! View them in my store.
* Bookmarks Plus: THE BEST SCHOOL YEAR EVER
Helps students keep track of main characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! A lot of helpful information at students’ fingertips! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
* THE BEST SCHOOL YEAR EVER: 50-word Prereading Crossword—Familiarizes students with new words before they read!
Helps prepare students for reading the book! Use with the The Best School Year Ever edition of Bookmarks Plus and the The Best School Year Ever Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
* THE BEST SCHOOL YEAR EVER: Synonym/Antonym Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus!
Use with Bookmarks Plus and the 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words! A unique crossword!
* THE BEST SCHOOL YEAR EVER: 3 Word Searches with Hidden Messages—Based on the Book! 3 Fun Categories! Categories: The Town; Brand-Name Products (in the story); Classmates
* THE BEST SCHOOL YEAR EVER: Reading-for-Detail Crossword, Chapters 1-5
A great way to check students’ reading skills!
* THE BEST SCHOOL YEAR EVER: Reading-for-Detail Crossword, Chapters 6-9
A great way to check students’ reading skills!
* THE BEST SCHOOL YEAR EVER: 20 Word Merges—One “word” becomes two!
Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds; a good spelling workout!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!
1 front to back (2 versions)