This packet compliments Reading Street's (1.3) The Big Blue Ox story. It includes graphic organizers and writing activities. It's great for centers, whole group lessons, small group lessons and cooperative learning teams. These templates can easily be published into a technology project with apps like Popplet, Keynote and/or Wixie.
Includes 8 pages:
1. Real Oxen/Make-Believe Oxen (Reality and Fantasy) T-chart
2. Concept Chart for weekly question: How do animals help people?
3. Four Square organizer for weekly question: How do animals help people?
4. Writing page: How do animals help people?
5. Character and Setting T-Chart with "I can" statement
6. Bubble Chart (What evidence in the story shows that Ox likes to help?) with "I can" statement
7. Opinion Writing (Do you think Ox is a good helper? Why or why not?) with "I can" statement
8. Venn diagram comparing The Big Blue Ox and Pig in a Wig with "I can statement"