This poetry packet is perfect for reinforcing comprehension and for bringing fluency fun into your classroom!
Students can work in pairs to read the included partner poem, "The Big Catch!", focusing on different voices and character points of view. Students will love the back-and-forth structure of the poem and changing their voices to match the expression of the fish and fisherman characters.
There are three follow-up activities to support their comprehension: "Character Webs," "Poetry Mind Pictures," and "Comic Strip Retelling." Use the activities in a Literacy Center or as part of your ELA block. They're even great for sending home!
This packet includes evidence-based question sheets at two different levels to reinforce CCSS text-response skills. A highlighted “Readers Theater” script format is also included for easier tracking while reading.
This 9-page resource includes:
- 1 Partner Perspective Poem
- 3 “Readers Theater” Poetry Script Pages
- 1 "Character Webs" Graphic Organizer
- 1 "Comic Strip Retelling" Graphic Organizer
- 1 "Poetry Mind Pictures" Graphic Organizer
- 1 "Find the Evidence!" Question Page (Lower-Level)
- 1 "Find the Evidence!" Question Page (Upper-Level)
This product is part of my Partner Poem series. Check out additional packets HERE or click the resource links below:
- Cat and Mouse Chase!
- Rodeo Champion
- A Snaily Surprise
- The Big Catch!
- Seahorse Wishes
- The Owl Hunt
- The Circus is in Town
- Back to School!
- Pumpkins for Sale!
- Graveyard Squabbles
- Turkey Troubles!
- Where's Santa?!
- The Winter Escape
- Snowman Attack
- Groundhog Grumbles
- Love-struck Bunny
- Watch Out For Leprechauns!
- Wake Up, Grizzly Bear!
- Individual Poetry Packets
- Partner Poetry Anthology
- Fall & Winter Seasonal Bundle
- Spring & Summer Seasonal Bundle
- Everyday Partner Poetry Bundle
- MEGA Partner Poetry Bundle
Do you want more POETRY products by MsJordanReads? Check them out here!
This resource is to be used by a single user for educational purposes only. It is not for commercial use or resale. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this resource on any website is not allowed. If you wish to share with another user, please purchase additional reduced-price licenses.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
with any questions or comments.