PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This poetry packet is perfect for reinforcing comprehension and for bringing fluency fun into your classroom during the spring season for Easter!
Students can work in pairs to read the included partner poem, "The Big Easter Egg Hunt," focusing on different voices and character perspectives. Students will love the back-and-forth structure of the poem and changing their voices to match the expression of the bunny and kids characters.
To address varying visual tracking needs, there are two formats of the poem included. Choose which version works best for your students: a two-column poem, or a Readers Theater script style poem with highlighted or non-highlighted character lines.
There are four follow-up activity pages to support their comprehension: "Poetry Visualizing," "Easter Egg Context Clues," "Character Inferences," and "My Inferences." Use the activities in a literacy center or as part of your ELA block. They're even great for sending home!
This resource also includes evidence-based question sheets at two different levels to reinforce CCSS text-response skills. Students can practice using evidence from the text to support their thinking.
**NOTE: This resource features an updated, brand-new format. Additional MsJordanReads Partner Poetry resources will be updated to include the additional teacher resource pages and will reflect this new look!**
This 14-page resource includes:
- Parent/Teacher Directions
- Lesson Scope & Sequence
- 1 Classroom Poster/Reference Sheet (two versions)
- 1 Seasonal Partner Poem (2 Formats)
- 1 "Poetry Visualizing" Graphic Organizer
- 1 "Easter Egg Context Clues" Graphic Organizer
- 1 "Character Inferences" Graphic Organizer
- 1 "My Inferences" Graphic Organizer
- 1 "Find the Evidence!" Question Page (Lower-Level)
- 1 "Find the Evidence!" Question Page (Upper-Level)
This product is part of my Partner Poem series. Check out additional packets HERE or click the resource links below:
- The Big Easter Egg Hunt (**New Format)
- Partner Poetry Anthology (Poems Only)
Do you want more POETRY products by MsJordanReads? Check them out here!
Please email me at email@example.com with any questions or comments.