The Big Game is a FUN activity if your goal is to develop receptive language skills by providing multi-step directions to your clients.
It includes a number of two step directions that has additional terms such as spatial (e.g. above, below, left, right) and temporal (i.e. before, after).
Suggestions for using "The Big Game"
1. If you are working with a student with spatial terms, you can provide visual prompts and gestures if necessary.
2. If you are working with a group, let them provide instructions to each other. Taking turns until they complete all the instructions.
3. Keep markers, pencils and crayons with you to prompt your client to request "properly" when he/ she needs them.
4. Remind clients to listen very carefully to your instructions and mention if you will be repeating them or will just give it once.
5. Encourage your clients to ask you if you can "kindly" repeat the instructions - these are particularly long instructions and your clients would need to catch all the details.
5. Have FUN and please share this activity with your friends/ colleagues and fellow Teachers!