For Pearl Buck's The Big Wave, here is a novel study that includes the following:
- Focus Questions: I have divided the story into four parts, separating it at logical changes in the plot.
Each part has a two-page set of focus questions plus a page of word study (for Part 4 - two page word study). I supply beginning and ending quotes to denote the four parts.
- Word Study & Puzzles
- Informational Reading for The Ring of Fire, recently updated
- Task Card style half-page handouts for Writing/Discussion Topics: Explanatory, Argumentative, Creative Writing
- Two page Basic Test: True/False; Sequence; Name the Speaker; short essay answers
- Answer Key for all of the above
I have added a summary and link regarding a really good article I found about a recent event which would finish the unit very well.
Please see Preview for sample pages and 2 task card samples.