These stations and activities go right along with the book The Biggest Valentine Ever by Steven Kroll. It is one of my favorite valentine books! My class and I have so much fun having a Biggest Valentine Ever Station Day. We read the book, eat a snack, and have a ton of fun with these Biggest Valentine Ever stations and activities! There are 10 station signs and differentiated station activities included. The stations are engaging, fun, and full of literacy skills, math skills, and STEM skills! I love using these stations before a break or holiday.
Please note: book is not included
All stations include a station sign with directions and a quote from The Biggest Valentine Ever and engaging, differentiated activities!
1. The Two Best Friends - students will contrast the two main characters
2. The Best Valentine Ever Writing - students will decorate a heart and complete a descriptive writing activity
3. The Biggest Valentine Ever STEM Challenge - students will construct the tallest valentine tower with candy hearts, toothpicks, and gummy candies
4. Valentine Hearts - students will estimate the amount of hearts needed to cover
the outer edge of each heart
5. Valentine Measurement - students will measure valentine pictures with a ruler,
candy hearts, or mini erasers
6. A Card from the Heart - students will put together an envelope and write acts of
kindness on hearts and place them in the envelope
7. Valentine Treat - 2 treat/snack recipes included
8. Let's Create! - an addition and subtraction math game where students race around a game board trying to collect all the craft supplies needed to make a valentine card
9. Valentine Spin and Graph - students will spin and graph valentine pictures and answer questions about their graph
10. Valentine Match - a sight word or spelling word matching game (EDITABLE - add in your own words by typing in light blue box on PDF)