The following 2 day (75 minute periods) common core aligned lesson/worksheet focuses on the Bill of Rights. This lesson would typically be taught after the lesson on the ratification of the Constitution in the US History curriculum. However, this lesson would easily be modified for other classes such as US Government. The worksheet is packed with a variety of student-centered activities designed to develop critical thinking skills and foster class discussion. Several activities include:
• Do now – reviews the ratification debate and appropriately sets up the lesson with several critical thinking questions.
• Small group activity – Student Bill of Rights
• Bill of Rights primary source analysis activity and class discussion.
• Due process scenario activity – deeper analysis of due process.
• Applying the Bill of Rights activities - students use their knowledge of the Bill of Rights to analyze different scenarios. Leads to plenty of discussion opportunities!
• Answer the aim
This lesson can easily be modified to fit a longer or shorter class period. Please follow me to receive notifications when new products become available. Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. Please rate this worksheet! Thanks!