This lesson aligns with the LearnZillion Birchbark House lessons.
Birchbark House lessons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Students will read literary and informational texts and explore how characters respond to challenges. Students will also write a literary analysis to EXPLAIN how a character changes over time in addition to expository summaries about particular chapters.
Students will have the opportunity to participate in cooperative learning that will allow them to take control of their own learning.
Provided in the PowerPoint are the following:
- bell ringers to provoke thinking based on the current lesson and/or prior day's lesson
- students are aware of their learning target/goal/purpose
- step by step questioning to motivate students and spark curiosity
- vocabulary pictures/graphic for easier understanding
- embedded graphic organizers OR feel free to use your own
- grouping suggestions (book clubs, cooperative learning, text talk, etc)
- reflective learning exit tickets/closure