PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
5.84 MB | 22 pages
This 22-page product features a comprehensive literature guide for use while reading Edgar Allan Poe's creepy classic tale, "The Black Cat." The packet provides an excellent basis for comprehension and vocabulary acquisition for the short story and encourages students to think critically about plot structure, literary elements, figurative language, and the superstitions within the story. The wide range of activities in this guide will keep your students engaged and help them to gain a deep understanding of one of the most highly regarded tales of American literature.
- Attractive cover page for student packet
- Anticipation guide - "Debate Statements"
- Vocabulary drawing activity
- Comprehension questions
- Freytag’s pyramid worksheet
- "History of the Black Cat" extension article and comprehension questions
- "Putting it all Together" short essay question
- Literary elements worksheet
- Figurative language worksheet
- Full answer keys for teacher use
While this literature guide is Common Core aligned for eighth grade, it is appropriate for students in seventh-tenth.
Will you be teaching “The Tell-Tale Heart” during your Edgar Allan Poe unit as well? Save money on cohesive literature guides for both short stories by purchasing them together: