This unit of work covers the Black death of Europe in 1348-1349.
It consists of a 17 page student workbook, where students cover the entire topic as they work through the workbook.
The workbook covers:
• The background to the Black death of 1348
• The Spread of the Black Death to England
• The causes of The Black Death
• How people tried to control and deal with The Black death
• The impact of The Black Death on individuals and communities.
Students are to be given a name of a character, whom they are to represent throughout the study.
Within the booklet students complete a number of tasks, which include:
• Writing a Speech about the causes of the Black Death
• A mapping task and questions about the spread of the Black Death
• Creating a poster on how to deal with symptoms of the plague
• Writing a diary extract
• A Table to fill out on the impacts of the Black Death
• Together with written questions
There is also a marking sheet at the end of the booklet and a teacher information page about how to conduct the unit.
It is a ready made, all inclusive student friendly resource - full of information, primary sources and a variety of engaging tasks.
Enjoy and thanks for downloading.