Note: This product is meant to be used after students have read the book.
Students solve this puzzle by providing synonyms or antonyms for 25 vocabulary words from THE BLACK PEARL.
* Banished (antonym) ANSWER: welcomed
* Rankled (antonym) ANSWER: delighted
* Niche: ___ within a wall (synonym) ANSWER: shelf
* Fatal: Causing ___ (synonym) ANSWER: death
More challenging—and fun!—than a typical vocabulary crossword!
PLEASE NOTE: The 25 words in this puzzle are also listed and defined on the THE BLACK PEARL edition of Bookmarks Plus.
The Black Pearl edition of Bookmarks Plus—Handy Little Reading Aid!
USE BOTH PRODUCTS TO REINFORCE MEANING!
Here are two more products over THE BLACK PEARL:
* THE BLACK PEARL: 10 Quotefall Puzzles—A Good Spelling Workout!
Each quotefall puzzle contains a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
* THE BLACK PEARL edition of Bookmarks Plus: A Very Handy Reading Aid!
Helps students keep track of main characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! A lot of helpful information at students’ fingertips! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!