Take your students on an adventure with a timeless novel: The Black Stallion
, by Walter Farley. In this set of engaging vocabulary activities, children will determine the exact meanings of multiple-meaning words, use context clues, explore specialized vocabulary, and figure out meanings for figurative language.
• a unit overview
• an activity related to the many meanings of “break”
• an additional activity to explore idioms using “break”
• three worksheets that requiring use of context clues
• three worksheets for exploration of specialized vocabulary related to horses
• two worksheets related to figurative language
Each worksheet corresponds to two chapters of The Black Stallion
Click the PREVIEW button for a peek at the vocabulary activities.
This product is included in The Black Stallion Bundle
, which is available at a discounted price. It includes all four modules for teaching The Black Stallion
: Writing Responses
, Springboard for Writing
, and Choice Boards
Would you like to be notified as more units are published? Just click on Follow Me.
For weekly ideas, activities, links, and freebies, check out my blog, Enjoy Teaching
Common Core State Standards Addressed: L.3.4, L.4.4, L.5.4, L.3.5, L.4.5, L.5.5