Take your students on an adventure with a timeless novel: The Black Stallion
, by Walter Farley. This set of lesson plans asks students to construct thorough responses for two prompts after every two chapters.
• a unit overview
• a response planning sheet
• modeling mini-posters
• four worksheets on describing events, settings, or characters
• one worksheet on determining point of view
• four worksheets with prompts for writing responses
• a two-page summarizing activity
• three rubrics that correspond to standards for third, fourth, and fifth grades
Click the PREVIEW button for a peek at what's included.
This product is included in The Black Stallion Bundle
, which is available at a discounted price. It includes all four modules for teaching The Black Stallion
: Writing Responses
, Springboard for Writing
, and Choice Boards
Would you like to be notified as more units are published? Just click on Follow Me.
For weekly ideas, activities, links, and freebies, check out my blog, Enjoy Teaching
Common Core State Standards Addressed: RL.3.1, RL.4.1, RL.5.1, RL.3.2, RL.4.2, RL.5.2, RL.3.3, RL.4.3, RL.5.3, RL.3.6, RL.4.6, RL.5.6