This easy to implement mini lesson focused around "The Blind Men and The Elephant" will be time well spent and fun for your students. Parents enjoy seeing the product and it makes for a great bulletin board!
This 7 page PDF includes:
-A lesson plan for comparing two versions or "The Blind Men and The Elephant" and ART project. (see sample)
-Write up for bulletin board with description of what students have done and a quick version of the story
-Checklist for art project
-Sample of art project
-Map of India with 6 things to label (see sample)
Objectives of lesson plan:
• Notice similarities and differences among texts.
• Discuss with a partner the similarities and differences between the texts.
• Remember and record information from the text.
• Create an artistic representation of the text working cooperatively in a small group.
• Complete a Venn diagram comparing the two texts (for select students).