A fun and rocking course that includes high-quality audio tracks, scores (including guitar and bass tab) and an accompanying power point presentation.
This course is aimed at students between grades 5 – 9 but is likely to be useful for higher ages as well as instrumental tutors.
It works through fundamental aspects of the 12 bar Blues and includes 7 practical exercises in the key of E (one of the most common keys in all Blues music). In detail it covers the following:
Powerpoint PDF (colour and black + white version included):
- Brief History of Blues music
- 12 Bar Blues structure
- Blues ‘groove pattern’
- Blues walking basslines
- Straight and Shuffle rhythms
- Blues ‘turnarounds’
- Call and Response improvisation
- Improvising with the Major pentatonic scale
- Final piece combining all elements above
- Suggestions for how to compose a Blues piece
- 10 professionally recorded Mp3 files including examples and backing tracks
- 7 scores with additional tab for guitarists and bassists
I hope this course is helpful for your lessons and please contact me if you have any questions!
FREE PREVIEW INCLUDES: 2 Scores/Tabs, 1 Mp3 audio file, 4 pages of powerpoint PDF