The Book Club was designed to help teachers and students go deeper and extend learning during whole group read-aloud time. Each pack contains 5 mini-lessons (about 15 minutes each) to be spread over 5 days. These lessons also work really well as reading workshop mini-lessons.
The edition goes with the book Enemy Pie by Derek Munson. This is a great one to use at the beginning of the year to help students think about how to make friends, but it would work at any time.
The pack includes:
- detailed 5-lesson plans
- vocabulary cards (plus blank cards)
- discussion prompts for interactive read-aloud
- anchor chart images and labels
- problem and solution response page
- "friendship pie" procedural writing template
- "friendship pie" craftivity with directions