The Book of Life Spanish 1 Class Movie Guide El Libro de Vida - Day of the Dead
- Google Drive™ folder
Also included in
- Learn about The Day of the Dead or Día de Muertos in Spanish class while staying in Spanish. This Spanish Día de muertos Activity Bundle could be differentiated for Spanish 1, Spanish 2, Spanish 3, or Exploratory Spanish to learn about this Mexican celebration of The Day of the Dead. This would be aPrice $12.99Original Price $14.49Save $1.50
- This Spanish Editable Movie Guide bundle includes 14 editable Google doc movie guides for Spanish class. The differentiated options of questions in both Spanish & English mean you could use variations of the Spanish class movie guides with all levels of Spanish you teach all year and especiallyPrice $39.99Original Price $67.93Save $27.94
- This is a middle school Spanish or high school Spanish culture holiday bundle of cultural resources to use in a novice Spanish class. This Hispanic culture holiday bundle would be perfect for Spanish 1, Spanish 2, middle school Spanish, or exploratory Spanish. Celebrate the diverse cultures of the SPrice $65.99Original Price $88.37Save $22.38
This is an editable Google doc movie guide for El Libro de Vida - The Book of Life in Spanish class. It would make a great addition to a Día de Muertos or Day of the Dead unit or as a sub-plan for Spanish 1, Spanish 2, or middle school exploratory Spanish. This free movie guide for The Book of Life in Spanish class includes space for character descriptions, listening comprehension in English, and "who said it" questions.
Contains - Editable Google Novice Movie Guide for the Book of Life in novice Spanish
- Page 1 - character & place description chart and space for drawings
- Page 2 - comprehension questions about the movie in ENGLISH to fill out while watching
- Page 3 - discussion questions in Spanish & character identification (could be an assessment)
The film The Book of Life is set in Mexico and takes place during the Day of the Dead. The Book of Life can be found on DVD in both English and Spanish. Check your public library to borrow it for free! It is also currently on Disney+. The movie is originally in English, but on most DVDs, you can change the audio &/or subtitles to Spanish. You can choose if you want to use subtitles in English or Spanish depending on what level you are showing the film in.
Make sure to get a DVD with Spanish audio & subtitles if you want them! As always, do what works best for your school and classes. Here is what I personally do:
- Spanish audio & Spanish subtitles - upper-level students
- Spanish audio & English subtitles - novice level students
- English audio - exploratory Spanish or culture class
100+ 5 star ratings for this free movie guide for The Book of Life
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Thank you SO much for doing this! I watch this movie twice a year with my introduction to Spanish class (it's a semester long). We watch it during El Día de los Muertos (sem. 1) and Cinco de Mayo (sem. 2). This is a great guide and will keep them on their toes! For my students who are fluent in Spanish, I will request that they answer the questions in Spanish. For those who are beginning, I am going to go over the questions in Spanish and how to answer them. There are so many ways to differentiate this activity. Thank you so much for this resource! - Justina
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This is going to be great to use next week when my second semester students view this movie. Thanks for the generosity in offering this for free! :) - Amy
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I'm using this right now after learning about and celebrating Day of the Dead. Many times I like the students to just watch the movie, but this is an excellent alternative and keeps them focused while watching. - Christian W
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This is great! I love that it is easily differentiated for different levels of students. My Spanish 1 kids don't know a ton of Spanish but they can easily describe people and places :) Thank you for sharing this product for free! - Tiffany
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I loved using this as a sub plan! I had an unexpected emergency but felt completely confident in having a non-Spanish sub as they were still getting loads of input and purposeful practice. Thank you!! - Robyn
**Please note, due to the free nature of this guide, an answer key is not included. Honestly, I do just use the guide as something to keep the students engaged. I do not actually grade it for correctness. It is about discussion and completion.
**Please note this guide is not a download, but rather is Google Drive integrated, so once you add it to your Drive, you will find it in a folder called "TPT Purchases." From there you can print the guide, or assign it digitally in a password-protected LMS such as Google Classroom.
It is adapted with permission from a great upper-level guide in Spanish from Kara Jacobs that can be found at Kara Jacobs Guide
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
✅ Interpretive Communication
✅ Presentational Communication
✅ Relating Cultural Practices to Perspectives
✅ Relating Cultural Products to Perspectives
✅ Acquiring Information and Diverse Perspectives
✅ Cultural Comparisons
Bundle up for the best deals possible!
Get the Day of the Dead Bundle for the best deal on all of my Día de Muertos resources all together including this guide plus Find Someone Who - Day of the Dead, Para Empezar - Day of the Dead, Mexico & Day of the Dead Reading & Coco - Movie Guide
Or get the Movie Guide Bundle for this film plus Coco, Vivo, Ferdinand, Pachamama, El camino de Xico, Selena, Dora & the lost City of Gold, The Book of Life & Canela
Have difficulty with a file?
- This is a Google resource that will be found in your Drive in a folder called my purchases.
- Visit the FAQs section, submit a help ticket, or ask a question on the Q&A tab before leaving feedback.
- Follow my TPT store to see more!
- For more information & bonus activities for The Book of Life (character slides) check out my blog Mis Clases Locas
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.