This resource is a novel study (activities) based on the story by Mary Norton - 'The Borrowers'.
Included in this packet are -
1. Prediction of story activities
2. Author study activity
3. What did Arrietty do and say activity
4. Draw and write what happened activities ( 2 pages)
5. Story elements activities ( 3 pages) - characters, setting, genre, author's purpose, problem, solution, etc.
6. What did Arrietty do activity
7. What did Homily do activity
8. What did Pod do activity
9. What happened after the story ( writing prompt)
10. Settings activity
12. The other problems activity
13. The other solutions activity
14. Story time line activity ( graphic organizer)
15. Connect to text activity
16. Write a letter to Arrietty
17. Write about the characters activity
18. What I liked about the story activity
19. What if this happened instead activities
20. The questions I have game
21. How has Arrietty changed activity
22. How has Pod changed activity
23. How has Homily changed activity
24. Reading log
25. Compare and contrast activity
26. Text to text writing prompt
27. Cause and effect activity
28. How will you describe Arrietty?
29. How will you describe Pod?
30. How will you describe Homily?
31. Sequence of events activity
The product aligns with the Common Core Standards and has many components of Blooms Taxonomy in the higher order questions and differentiated activities
Get the other The Borrowers resources -
The Borrowers Comprehension and Vocabulary Packet
The Borrowers Complete Novel Study Packet