Do you want a literature guide that will take your students on a mysterious journey with children who find a home in the woods while trying to hide from a man? Do your students enjoy the "Boxcar Children" series? Then this is the book guide for you. This packet contains a whopping 33 student page guide to use with the book "The Boxcar Children" by Gertrude Chandler Warner. This is the first Boxcar Children book that was written by Gertrude Chandler Warner.
This guide contains:
- 1 Packet Cover for Students
- 7 Chapter Questions Pages (answer comprehension questions, predict, infer, and connect with text)
- 3 Chapter Question Answer Pages
- 13 Chapter Activities (illustrate, explain, recall, predict - critical thinking)
- 13 "During and After" Worksheets (character map, pre-made story sequence strips to order, describe a character, key ideas and details, craft and story structure to show plot development, character traits, fill-in cause and effect, letter to the author, favorite part, new vocabulary words identification, events in the story and explaining why they are important, making connections with the text, compare and contrast characters)
- Story Sequence Answer Key
- 3 Instructional Sheets
Please check out the "preview" before buying. It has more examples of the worksheets included in this packet.
To see how I use literature units in my classroom, visit my blog!
Thanks for looking!
** MORE LITERATURE GUIDES TO COME! **