Do you want a literature guide that will take your students on a mysterious journey with children who find a home in the woods while trying to hide from a man? Do your students enjoy the "Boxcar Children" series? Then this is the book guide for you. This packet contains a whopping 39 student page guide to use with the book "The Boxcar Children" by Gertrude Chandler Warner. This is the first Boxcar Children book that was written by Gertrude Chandler Warner.
This guide contains:
- 1 Packet Cover for Students
- 7 Chapter Questions Pages (answer comprehension questions, predict, infer, and connect with text)
- 3 Chapter Question Answer Pages
- 13 Chapter Activities (illustrate, explain, recall, predict - critical thinking)
- 18 "During and After" Worksheets (pre-made story sequence strips to order, character map, story sequence, describe a character, character traits, key ideas and details, craft and story structure to show plot development, character action traits, fill-in cause and effect, letter to the author, author research, favorite part, important events, making connections with the text, compare and contrast self with character, new vocabulary words identification, vocabulary list fill-in, responding to the text)
- Story Sequence Answer Key
- 3 Instructional Sheets
Please check out the "preview" before buying. It has more examples of the worksheets included in this packet.
To see how I use literature units in my classroom, visit my blog!
Thanks for looking!
** MORE LITERATURE GUIDES TO COME! **