This resource is a novel study based on the story by John Boyne - 'The Boy in the Striped Pajamas'. This resource has all you need for this novel. It has all the comprehension questions, differentiated activities, vocabulary activities and quizzes that cover a range of skills. It has 85 pages of actual students work and the rest 15 pages are answer keys.
Included in this packet are -
1. Prediction of story activities
2. Author study activity
3. Comprehension questions for each chapter grouped as follows (1-4, 5-8, 9-12, 13-16, 17-20)
4. Answer keys for the comprehension questions
5. Open response questions and activities for each chapter.
6. Vocabulary activities - definition and context clue meanings for
each chapter in the story
6. Vocabulary quiz for each chapter plus answer keys
7. Chapter summaries
8. What did Bruno and Shmuel do and say activity
9. Draw and write what happened activities ( 2 pages)
10. Story elements activities ( 3 pages) - characters, setting, genre, author's purpose, problem, solution, etc.
11. What did Bruno do activity
12. What did Shmuel do activity
13. Blank pages ( 2) for the above activities
14. Write a letter to Shmuel and Bruno
15. Settings activity
16. The other problems activity
17. The other solutions activity
18. Story time line activity ( graphic organizer)
19. Connect to text activity ( my questions activity)
20. Lest We Forget activity
21. Write about the characters activity
22. What I liked about the story activity
23. What if this happened instead activities
24. The friendship activity ( Shmuel and Bruno)
25. How has Bruno changed activity
26. How has Shmuel changed activity
27. How has Bruno's mother changed activity
28. Reading log
29. Compare and contrast activity
30. Text to text writing prompt
31. Cause and effect activity
32. How will you describe Bruno?
33. How will you describe Shmuel?
34. How will you describe Gretel?
35. How will you describe Bruno's mom?
36. How will you describe Bruno's dad?
37. How will you describe anybody in the story?
38. My fence experience activity
39. How are Bruno and Shmuel different activity
40. How are Bruno and Shmuel the same activity
41. Connect and analyze Bruno and Shmuel's differences and similarities
42. Story elements activities
43. Sequence of events activity
44. Bruno's different feelings
45. Shmuel's different feelings
46. Bruno's dad's different feelings
47. Bruno's grand mom's different feelings
48. Gretel's different feelings
49. So much more!
The product aligns with the Common Core Standards and has many components of Blooms Taxonomy in the higher order questions and differentiated activities
Get the other The Boy in the Striped Pajamas resources in my store by clicking the links below ( PLEASE NOTE IF YOU BUY THIS NOVEL STUDY YOU DON'T NEED TO BUY ANY OF THE RESOURCES BELOW BECAUSE THIS HAS EVERYTHING THANKS) - UPDATED MARCH 2016 KINDLY RE-DOWNLOAD
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas Activities
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas Comprehension and Vocabulary
Grab the freebie which is a part of this novel study ( chapters 1-4) by clicking the link below -
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas Freebie