Are you tired of using handouts? Are you looking for a good way to differentiate? Have you tried using task cards? Task Cards are a great teaching tool that can be used in a variety of ways.
1) Put all the cards on a ring and give each student (or group) a set of cards.
2) Leave the cards loose and give different students (or groups) different cards depending upon their level.
3) Give students a choice (Pick 20 out of the 28 cards to complete by the end of the novel.)
There are 28 cards all together in this task card set and an additional 4 blank cards for you to write in any prompts you'd like to add to the set.
The cards are divided into different sections of the book. You can have students respond to every card, have them pick a certain amount of cards or assign the cards to students depending upon their level.
The cards will can be used for:
✤ Do Now Activities/Bell Ringers
✤ Discussion Starters
✤ Entrance/Exit Tickets
I would print out the task cards on card stock and laminate them so you can use them every time you teach the novel.
Please download the preview and if you have any questions feel free to ask.
These task cards are included in my unit for The Boy in the Striped Pajamas.listed here:
Activities and Handouts for The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
These task cards are also included in my task card bundle listed here:
ELA Task Cards Bundle
Other Products for The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne:
• Activities and Handouts for The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
• Characterization Webs for The Boy in the Striped Pajamas Google Drive Edition
• Characterization Webs for The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne
• Interactive Flip Book for The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne
• Projects for the novel The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne
• The Boy in the Striped Pajamas Literary Devices Handout
• The Boy in the Striped Pajamas Quiz and Unit Test
• Task Cards for The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros
• Task Cards for the Novel Monster by Walter Dean Myers
• Task Cards for the Novel Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
• Task Cards for the Novella Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
• Task Cards for the novel 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher
• Task Cards for the memoir A Child Called IT by David Pelzer
• Task Cards for the book Go Ask Alice
• Task Cards for the novel The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
• Task Cards for the novel The Pigman by Paul Zindel
• Task Cards for the novel The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare
• Writing Prompt Task Cards for the novel Wonder by R.J. Palacio