The Brain, Biology, Neuroscience, and Nervous System Unit Bundle for Psychology
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (14)
showing 1-5 of 14 products
Also included in
- This six-unit bundle will help you teach psychology effectively for your first semester! It follows the progression of the Myer's Psychology textbook (which is why these 6 units were chosen). If you teach other units during your first semester, feel free to contact me for a custom bundle!MultiplePrice $85.99Original Price $164.96Save $78.97
This bundle covers the brain and the nervous system for a psychology or AP psychology course as I teach both and use the resources in both courses. There are different activities, movie guides, and resources for you to utilize throughout the unit. I do not have a unit plan as I know different teachers have different pacing due to being a year-long course, semester course, block days, or whatever. So I simply have the products here for you to use.
1st Semester Bundle: This resource is part of my 1st Semester of Psychology Bundle.
Items in Bundle:
- PowerPoint: 69 slide PowerPoint presentation on the topic with Cornell-Style Notes.
- Test with Study Guide: a test containing 10 matching, 20 multiple-choice, and one FRQ question. It comes with a key and a study guide.
- Project: The brain project is a hit in my classroom every year. Check my Pinterest page for samples.
- Movie Guides: There are movie guides to the brain documentary by the BBC and one on epi-genetics.
- Quick Read: A one-page reading with questions to help students really remember the importance of the brain stem and cerebellum.
- Activities: There is a skit activity with a reading on neurotransmitters and a brain identification activity. Also a brain break stations activity.
- Review for May: If this is an AP course, I have the review sheet that I have students fill-out in May before the exam.
Some Topics Covered:
Biopsychology, genes, genotype, phenotype, motor neurons, interneurons, sensory neurons, dendrite, soma, axon, action potential, reuptake, serotonin, neurotransmitters, dopamine, central nervous system, glands, pons, medulla, lobes of the brain, cerebellum, limbic system, amygdala, Broca's Area, EEG, CAT, MRI, and more!!
To see how this unit can be put into practice, click here!