Too many student conflicts and not enough time to help them solve each one? Look no further than The Bridge!
The Bridge is an easy way for students to solve problems without needing an adult to mediate the conflict. Each person starts at one edge of the bridge and follows the steps in one at a time until they reach a conflict resolution in the middle. It is easy to print out The Bridge and hang it your classroom or in the hallway. The next time two students have a conflict, they can grab The Bridge and go to a quiet spot to solve their problem. This is a great tool and lesson plan for school counselors and classroom teachers!
The steps include:
1. Each person respectfully stating how you are feeling and why using I-messages.
2. Reflective Listening (What I heard you say is...)
3. Solution generation (Maybe we should try..)
4. Agreeing upon a solution.
This resource includes:
Multiple versions of "The Bridge" including:
-Black & White
-Colored and B&W with optional "Ground Rules"
Detailed Lesson Plan (to teach beginners with ample practice time, the lesson will take 30-40 minutes)
***Check out more of my best sellers!***
* Reinforcement & Reward Motivation Survey - Find out what actually motivates your toughest students!
* 4th/5th Grade Classroom Lesson: Bullying - What it is, What it isn't, & How to stop it!