This is a 5 day lesson plan for "The Briefcase" by Rebecca Makkai.
Essential Question: How can I analyze interactions between the characters and how they develop the theme in "The Briefcase"?
A complete lesson plan with:
- PowerPoints (underlined and highlighted for student notes)
- Background Info
- Embedded Video & mp4
- Student Notes (fill in the blank)
- Comprehension Questions (w/ answers)
- Ticket out the Door Questions
- Class Discussion via GOSOAPBOX.
This plan covers the following standard-based lessons:
- citing textual evidence (RL.1.1)
- determine a theme and analyze its development (RL.1.2)
- analyze how characters develop, interact, and advance the plot (RL.2.3)
- impact of word choice on tone (RL.2.4)
- analyze how an author's choices create mystery, tension, and surprise (RL.2.5)
This product is NOT Editable and in English Only. Please Preview before purchasing.
If you have questions, feel free to email me at: Mr. English Email
PLEASE PREVIEW BEFORE PURCHASING
Thank you for visiting The Common Core English Store. I would be tremendously appreciative if you were to become a follower.
All rights reserved by Mr. English © The Common Core English Store. This product is to be used by the original downloader ONLY. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.